Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fun D Mental, Taman Desa

Ms. Gip is the person behind Fun D Mental. I appreciate her effort in returning my calls and spending the time to talk to me over the phone prior to meeting up. She had told me that she accepts children who have reached at least 2 years old but I thought I'd check out her set up anyway. The nursery is in Tiara Faber and I think to get to her nursery from the lobby needs some getting use to. One would have to get a parking at the visitor's car park then get to a stairway that leads to the nursery. It's not exactly spacious, the nursery/ daycare centre. There are 3 classrooms, the bathroom is like a communal bathroom in a condo, there's another room which is for storage. A Chinese lady teaches the children Mandarin and then there are 3 other Filipina helpers. It's a no fuss, no frills sorta daycare. It's a place I'd send my child to if it's only for a half-day stint which is till 12.30pm. Tuition classes are in the afternoon and I'm not sure what ages are the students for that. I didn't get to ask about the registration and miscellaneous fees but monthly fees is in the range of RM500 - RM700 a month for full day.

What I like is, Ms. Gip speaks well (English) and they also expose the children to Mandarin (There's only 1 other teacher). The children also get to do some other fun activities such as sprouting beans. Wish this place was more spacious though. Because this is an allotted room for a daycare, so they just have to work with what they've got. Other than that, it's a pretty decent daycare centre with only indoor facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment