Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tadika Happy Sunshine, Taman Desa (Part 1 of 2)

Apparently, they used to be with the Smart Reader program. Anyone has any idea what this is anyway? And they were named Tadika Terhebat, now it's Happy Sunshine aka Tadika Sinar Ria.
I have several issues with this place....

1. They're not equipped to care for a baby or toddler.
There's a room on the first floor that they said will be converted into the baby's room. They'll get a playpen if I were to send my child there, 6 months old then. They don't have the knowledge to care for a breastfed baby or handle expressed breastmilk. Yes, I know it's not rocket science and it's something they can pick up if told what to do with EBM.

2. I browsed the kitchen and noticed packs of Knorr ikan bilis stock.
I questioned that. Why are they giving MSG to children is beyond me. The principal said the children will not eat bland food. Does anyone out there think children need salt, sugar and MSG in their system at a young age?

3. They were operating without the approval from Jabatan Kebajikan and at that point, the application was in process. Fast forward to end of 2011, I was told they got the license sorted out.

4. A little too Mandarin oriented for my liking although I do wish for my child to be exposed to the language.

5. My baby will be the only baby with little company. There is no dedicated childminders for babies

6. Babies are not taught anything. No program, no structure.

I like Reanne. She's friendly and chatty. She seems like someone with much patience. They currently have 32 students and I suspect they will accept more children by the look of how enterprising Reanne is. Unless they also plan to hire more teachers or childminders and expand the double storey link house to a bigger place, it's cool. The place is neat, clean and not dusty. I'd consider sending my child here though, if he was older.

For babies, the rate is higher - RM550 a month as opposed to RM750 a term (3 months a term) for the older children.

Fee Structure below

No comments:

Post a Comment