Thursday, November 29, 2012

3Q MRC Junior

I spent a really short time in this pre-school/ kindy.
The principal was friendly. The place however, needs major refurbishing.
They have sports day sometime in May and field trips are twice a year. Parents of the 3 year old are required to go along with their child. The kids get to go outdoors once a week.
There is of course, uniforms.

It's heavy Mandarin, this place. Ideal for children who will be sent to Chinese schools. 
The teachers remind me of the ones I met in ELC, Rasberry, Totalchild, Chrisdale, JC Kids (now 101), Bright Horizon and Q-Dees. That makes up to all the other places I've checked out, right? Except for Le Sands because there's no chance to meet the teachers and you can't gauge the quality of the teachers like one mom told me. Anyway, I meant to say that the teachers don't speak well... in English, I mean.

The classroom for the 3 year old is sad looking. The windows are sealed and covered apart from the tiny space. The biggest room houses the older kids which they have 25 of them 5 year olds this year (2012). That's also the room where the children stay on for the daycare program sleep in.

The flash cards and materials they use are similar to what I saw in JC Kids/ 101. DIY and small.
The words flash cards are as small as a business cards so don't expect super large ones like Glen Doman's. There's nothing wrong with DIY materials though.

There's a one week holiday program which ends the last week of November or first week of December. No enrichment classes are available unlike some others do.

The only reasons I thought of seeing this place was so to satisfy my curiosity as I heard from a few other mothers that the place looks like a dump. Thought I'd update this blog with some info for you too. So, hopefully this blog has been helpful in your search although opinions differ.






No comments:

Post a Comment