Thursday, October 25, 2012

Taska Chrysalis (Delicate Years)

Chrysalis had a change of name from Delicate Years. The principal, Roze has the best personality amongst all the principals I've spoken to or met. She deserves a medal for just that.
From giving me the directions to get to Taska Chrysalis to texting me with the website address to bringing me through all possible details that I needed about the place... the patience and effort she showed won my respect.

This place takes in infants as young as 2 months old till 6 years old. The baby nursery is well kept, well lid, clean and tidy. Nothing fancy or Crate and Barrel about this place but it's comfortable and clean. The owner's mother helped out with the babies and a nurse who is dedicated to looking after the babies.

They use the better brands of skin care.
The children were well behaved. There was not one who talked aloud. They cap the number of students to about 20 odd. 1 teacher to 8 students in a class.
The syllabus is according to US (Scholastic) and UK, so it's good for parents who haven't decided which school to send their children to after they're done with Kindy.
It's not a very huge place, but the classrooms are spacious enough.
Not enough books, if you asked me. Plenty of other options for stimulation like art & craft, music & movement, etc. Those things come under enrichment classes, so additional fee is to be taken into consideration. They said transport can be arranged with a fee starting from RM100 for 2 ways depending on the location. Field trips are held once a year only.

I love that they have waterplay and sandplay. Love that the children are introduced to music instruments at a young age. Love that they have children sized toilets and sinks. Love the uniform although I loathe the idea of having uniforms put on my son. Already it's a struggle to get his diaper changed in the morning, let alone putting on the uniform on him. I would definitely consider sending my child to this place if not for the distance. 
Wonderful people!
Lovely place.

No 25, Jalan Sg 2,
Taman Seputeh,
58000 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : 03-22741066 / 012-3779744

11 comments:

  1. Thanks very much and your information does attract me as I am looking for a daycare for my boy who turns 20-month by November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. been to this place... i will love it for my new baby next year... but it is too costly. they charge rm1300 for infant. on top of that, we are not able to send our baby there if our baby is sick, even just cough or fever. that is too inconvenience for working parents like us... we just have 16days of annual leave...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is more costly than most. i can totally relate to what you just said. the current place my child is in now... they isolate the sick child/ children away from the rest. they're also experienced enough to tell and handle sick babies and children.

      most childcare centres are not of help to working parents, are they??

      Delete
  3. Hi are you able to suggest a few infant daycares that you would recommend based on your reviews? We are searching for a good one for our 9month old.

    thanks
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, check out Jack & Jill International next to the Thai temple near Jalan Gasing. I have plenty of good things to say about that place. Hope to hear from you again.

      Delete
    2. Hi Nyonya Goddess,
      You can check out Desa Villa Condo from Taman Bukit Desa - 03-79805345. The teachers are very helpful and the principal is an experienced person. I see them work out of passion more than making profit out from parents. And yes, my son is there too.
      They are so comforting that I can really start to plan baby no. 2 now...with peace of mind.

      Delete
    3. Hi Joanne, I'm looking for infant daycare but unfortunately after calling, found out this place has closed down... I wonder with your baby no.2, if you have any place to recommend in Taman Desa or nearby? It's hard to find infant daycare!

      Delete
  4. Hi all, any recommendation for infant day care near KL area?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue...anymore recommendation for infant day care near KL area?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yhee Phei Tai, if you mean centres in downtown KL, I haven't personally gone to see any over there. Perhaps, the other readers and visitors of this blog can help you with this.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chuff,
    For kindie classes, any good ones to recommend in Taman Desa?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete