Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pusat Jagaan Kanak-Kanak Desa Villa

I like that they have plenty of reading materials within kiddie height placed in bookshelves.
It's good to know that they have weekly music movement class, art and crafts, a spacious play area and lots of toys for the children to play with.

The place looks clean enough.
There are 2 ladies who are the caretakers and the principal is Mrs.Wan who claims to have more than 20 years of experience in this business and had owned many kindies before. She decided to slow down and run a daycare centre now.

Unfortunately, there isn't an outdoor compound but there's a playground within the condo complex where the children are brought there to play once in a while.

The fees are relatively affordable and they also provide after school care service.
Was told that there are a few older kids in primary school there too.
There are several transporters which you can get the contacts from them.

The number to call is:
012-331 5373 Mrs Wan


View from the corridor outside. There's a piano by the window.

Activity and reading area

Sleeping area. Sleeping bags are provided, with a sum of fee. You have to bring your own pillow.


Main entrance

Play area after the main entrance. 



Kitchen


Bathroom. There are not kiddie toilets.


9 comments:

  1. hi, the contact number you provided is not correct/ or already changed for this daycare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I think they change the number already... You can try call this no. 012-331 5373 Mrs Wan

      Delete
    2. This number has barred all incoming calls. Anyone has the latest contact?

      Delete
    3. if you guys can go and check this place out, please update me with some info so the other readers are informed. thanks.

      Delete
  2. I basically love this place for its transparency and the passion from the teachers and the owner.
    I sent my son here and so far, I am happy and satisfied with their services. Some books are old and lots of toys and encouragement from the teachers to play.
    Happy and really can start planning for baby no. 2 because to be fair to them, they seems passionate about their job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne,

      Can you provide more details what you really like or dislike about this place?

      Delete
    2. Dear Ellen,
      Sorry for my late reply... Basically, I love that the place can be seen from outside. Meaning to say, all the activities inside can be seen from outside the windows as the centre is quite "exposed"... Food are healthy and they introduced green veggies and fruits to the kids - they encourage you to bring fruits for your kids. Normally, I'll put a red apple for my son's lunch.

      Also, I found that the lessons taught are very special and "carries the extra mile". Eg, when they learnt about sweet, bitter and sour taste... They are given sample of real food to categorise these. I opined that this is a very good learning program to the kids. And they have lots of creative arts every week. My niece was studying in MRC 3Q and I think theirs is really all books and not too much on hands and mind exploring and enrichment. I think books can come later but the concept and attitude on the eagerness to learn must be instilled into their young minds first.

      I quite satisfied with the staff attitude too because I am very particular who is handling or teaching my son. I don't want any bad attitude/ facial expression/ languages used spread to my son. They seemed to be jovial and the kids love to be around with them.


      They have lots of books to read too and they didn't scold or chastise the kids when they try to "grab" the books. I don't like adults who stopped kids from reading/ touching the books for fears of them tearing the pages apart.

      Hmm, what I dislike about this place was there were times I found mozzie bites on my son's legs... But recently they have installed the mosquitoes netting to all their windows. This have assured me a lot as the rise of dengue cases are horrifying...

      Perhaps, you can visit the place for a good look around... The thing I concerned most is... Are the kids there happy? Because they know best as they will be there for at least 8 hours a day. Then you might find the answer see whether you want to send your kids there or not...

      Hope I answer your questions and help you in your hunting though...

      Thank you and cheers!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your feedback, Joanne. I love it! I know about the mozzie issue from a friend who had her kid there. Kiddo is now is another place though.

      Delete
  3. Hi Joanne, may I know what is the charges like for 8mo? TIA

    ReplyDelete