Thursday, January 16, 2014

Little Human Scholars @ Section 11, PJ

UPDATE: (Dec 2016) I love this place and the people working here. 
Do call them up for a revised rate. My post below is with info from some time back. 


The name caught my attention.

It's situated in a bungalow around Section 11, near Crystal Crown PJ and Ehsan Ria Condo.
I haven't found out much about this place except, the classes are from 8am-1pm.
Daycare after, till 7pm. The latest is 8pm for late pick-up.

For hourly drop-off it's till 8pm from Mondays-Thursdays with a fee of RM25 an hour ;
till 10pm on Friday-Sundays for RM30 an hour.
I say it's a good option for those who absolutely need this service, although very steep.
so, it isn't catered for just anyone but to those who can afford it.

I was told that enrichment programs are incorporated during the "babysitting" sessions. Possibly art and craft, singing, etc. They started operating in January 2014 and have 5 students thus far.

They are a branch of A+ in Mont Kiara. Sounds marketable if you ride-on Mont Kiara as a USP.
I will find out more about Little Human Scholars in February when I get a chance to visit the place.


http://www.littlehumanscholars.com.my

I had my child gone for 1 trial session and I had to pay for after-hours. I picked him up at about 9:30pm and let me tell you, it's a small place. Seems like a nice and happy set up with lovely caretakers and teachers. You will like the place if you like it small. There's supposedly a sick bed in the sick room if someone is down with a fever and so on. An in-house nurse on standby, so that's pretty cool. A part-time in-house child psychology comes coupla times a week. I am not sure who the psychologist is and how credible and legit she is. I'm saying that because I haven't had the time to do any research on her, that's all.

It would be a great place for me to send my child for after-hours.
That's because I prefer my child to attend pre-school, like a school like environment pre-school at his age now. However, I cannot afford to send my child here.
For adhoc after-hours babysitting for RM30 an hour, I cannot afford it unless I am extremely desperate.
RM30 an hour adds up!!



21 comments:

  1. hi I am staying at old klang road, may I know which preschool you would recommend for my 3yrs old son. many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi clemmie, thanks for dropping by. i haven't come across any schools that i like in old klang road/ taman desa. try venturing out of the area if need be.

      Delete
  2. Hello there..... Just thought I will share. There have been some interesting updates on the Little Human Scholars webpage and FB profile. For instance, the adhoc hourly drop off rates for weekdays have been revised to RM10 per hour. Perhaps now, its something worth considering :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. Thanks for dropping by and informing me on this. I have given a call to the centre and spoke to Sarah, which she will speak to the Management about a package rate for 10 hours adhoc. How is the transportation arrangement at the moment? I should update the post about this bit. The last I was told, the school was trying to get an in-house driver. The transporter that was recommended didn't work out. Wanted to charge over a thousand ringgit two ways to OKR from there.

      Delete
  3. Hi Chuff,

    I'm currently looking for daycare center / pre school for my son. He's currently 2 yrs 6 mo and I'm staying in Taman Desa. Can you recommend one in the surrounding area since you don't have any that you think is okay in Taman Desa. I am still okay if it's PJ or nearby KLCC area. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi diana, i haven't gone around the schools in taman desa recently and i'm not updated if there are any better choices in the area. as every parent's requirements differ from another, it's hard to recommend one.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Have you heard anything. About tadika fairfield or tadika sinaran ceria montessori. They are both in sect 5 near the epf building. Thank you for the effort you have taken to write your blog. It has helped us narrow.down the schools.for our 2 year old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, i haven't. what do you know about them?

      Delete
    2. Hi Ash,

      May I know did you end up sending your child to either Fairfield or Sinaran Ceria? I'm staying at the area and have shortlisted these two preschool as well.

      Delete
  5. Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts.
    Only Child Syndrome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chuff,

    Your blog is very informative specially for expats. I live in jalan sultan ismail and have a 3.5 years old son. Could you recommend any kindergartens for him? I would prefer English medium with good ethnic mix of students and teachers. Also preferrably equipped with good amenities including an outdoor playground.
    Thanks so much in advance.

    Regards,
    shweta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The info is not all true. It is not apart of A+ Mont Kiara. They are just using their name.

      Delete
    2. The info is not all true. It is not apart of A+ Mont Kiara. They are just using their name.

      Delete
  7. They are not apart of A+ Mont Kiara. The person that first started Little Human Scholars was from Mont Kiara but she opened a branch in Mont Kiara called Precious Years. They focus on phonics, art & craft, hourly drop of playcare. They teach kids to read and write independantly.

    www.preciousyears.com.my

    ReplyDelete
  8. The information above is incorrect. The person that first started the kindergarten left and opened a new centre in Mont Kiara. She is a part of the Mont Kiara centre which has nothing to do with Human Scholars.
    They teach Phonics, Art, Hourly Drop off playcare, holiday programmes.
    www.preciousyears.com.my
    They have helped so many kids read and write independently at the age of 4 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for contributing the info. As a parent, the founder of an establishment as such is secondary. Unless it's dodgy, then it's good to know.

      Delete
  9. Oh wow talking about LHS
    I am a parent and one of the very first customers of LHS
    As far as I know is that LHS has only 2 centers, one for preschool and one for daycare and the founder is still there.

    It's due to say that I love the way that he is operating his centers.

    Now my daughter is in LHS preschool and my son is in LHS daycare.

    Can't be more greatful to them for there great service.

    I highly recommend LHS to any parent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow talking about LHS
    I am a parent and one of the very first customers of LHS
    As far as I know is that LHS has only 2 centers, one for preschool and one for daycare and the founder is still there.

    It's due to say that I love the way that he is operating his centers.

    Now my daughter is in LHS preschool and my son is in LHS daycare.

    Can't be more grateful to them for there great service.

    I highly recommend LHS to any parent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As a parent, im sure you would ensure all information is accurate before you leave your child in the care of another person/centre. To publish inaccurate information is dodgy to me.

    The person above was just trying to correct your information. Please investigate and only blog accurate info. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you have information to contribute? i have always established what this blog of mine is for and how it had started. i encourage all readers to contribute info as what i have published are based on my personal experiences and data that i have collected on my own, that also means actually being there in the schools and spending the time with the relevant parties. we don't need to accept everything you read or see and this isn't a blog for everyone. again i'll ask you rainbowmom, do you have any relevant info to contribute?

      Delete